ARE YOU A ROCKSTAR? Come work with Chamberlin.
The Assistant Manager reports to the Property Manager and Regional Manager. This position is responsible for assisting with the day to day operations of the property to ensure customer satisfaction, fiscal stability and good physical condition.
Primary Responsibilities and Objectives
· Assist the property manager in managing the day-to-day operations of the property including resident satisfaction, retention, and full resident life cycle activities.
· Understand the operations guidelines established within the property management agreement.
· Maintain all accounts receivable including collecting rent, posting rent, making daily bank deposits, and maintaining a balanced, accurate rent roll.
· Accurately and timely complete daily, weekly, and monthly financial and leasing reports.
· Audit records and files to identify dates requiring administrative action, such as lease expiration dates, delinquent accounts, and unlawful detainees.
· Collect delinquent account balances from previous residents.
· Process evictions, which includes processing all necessary paperwork, serving notices, and attending court hearings.
· Lease apartments as needed.
· Responsible for shopping competitive properties.
· Inspect buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
· Processes move-ins, move-outs, and lease renewals.
· Audit all new and current lease agreements and resident files for accuracy.
· Assist the property manager with training staff on leasing, entering traffic into the computer, marketing, maintenance, and general office operations.
· Compose and prepare routine correspondence, rental notices, and other letters and memorandums.
· Assist the property manager with resident relations and problem resolution.
· Assume responsibility for the operations of the property in the absence of the property manager.
· Complies with all company policies, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
· Effective communication and customer service skills
· Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite
· Internet navigation skills are required
· General office, bookkeeping and sales skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Appfolio Experience a PLUS!
BILINGUAL A PLUS!
Pay is based on experience, starting at $16.00/hr- $19.00/hr
Job Type: Full-time
Pay is based on experience! We offer plenty of room for growth, bonuses and benefits!